Outotec is a leading global provider of tailored solutions and life cycle services for minerals and metals, water, energy, and chemical processing. Outotec utilizes its experience and advanced process knowledge by providing plants, equipment and services based on proprietary technologies and works in close partnership with its stakeholders. We provide sustainable solutions balanced with social, economic and environmental responsibility.
Our mission is the sustainable use of Earth’s natural resources. Sustainability is the core focus of our organisation. It is incorporated into all aspects of our business including supply chains, products and services, operations and maintenance, client processes and production as well as our interaction with global communities.
Our values – “Building success together”; “Aspiring for excellence” and “Creating leading technologies” – are reflected in the way we operate. We continuously seek improvement in business performance with efficient consideration of evolving technologies, industry best practices and stakeholder expectations. We maintain a strong emphasis on effective ways of working together and developing and maintaining productive long term working relationships with our internal and external stakeholders.
Outotec has an integrated approach to manage the Quality, Environment Health and Safety (QEHS) aspects of its activities, products, services and operations. This forms an essential part of our Outotec Management System and provides efficient quality and business management, satisfying the needs of internal and external customers as well as the expectations of all other stakeholders.
The Outotec Management System provides the framework to develop, implement, monitor and review objectives, targets and performance standards to eliminate or minimize our exposure to risks to as low as reasonably practicable. Adequate resources will be provided to ensure we achieve this goal.
As part of our commitment, Outotec shall:
- Develop, implement, measure, monitor, review and continuously improve our business processes to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and BS: OHSAS 18001;
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards, and customer requirements (where applicable) and where adequate laws do not exist, adopt and apply standards that reflect Outotec’s commitment to QEHS compliance, operational excellence and community expectations;
- Whilst operating on a client site, Outotec reviews client´s policies and procedures and ensures compliance with Outotec requirements;
- Establish measurable objectives, targets and milestones by which we can continuously monitor and improve our QEHS performance;
- Adhere to the principles of sustainable development, pollution prevention and sound environmental management;
- Demonstrate clear management commitment and leadership in continuous improvement of our QEHS performance;
- Communicate and consult with employees and relevant stakeholders in the development and continuous improvement of our QEHS Management System;
- Ensure employees, service providers and contractors have all adequate resources, information and training required to competently and safely perform their work and achieve environmental objectives and targets; and delivery quality conforming products and services;
- Ensure all employees take reasonable steps to prevent incidents and illness through the application of risk management procedures;
- Accurately identify, report, record and investigate work-related incidents and implement corrective and preventive actions;
- Regularly review and continually improve the effectiveness of the QEHS Management System through a process of monitoring, auditing, analysis and innovation to ensure the prevention of work-related incidents and non-conforming products and services.
The display at our work locations of the signed policy and the publishing at www.outotec.com of this policy confirms Outotec's commitment to making our workplaces leaders in QEHS management, thus ensuring the achievement of corporate responsibility, statutory compliance, environmental awareness, enhanced sustainability, customer satisfaction and demonstrated due diligence.
Markku Teräsvasara, President and CEO
Olli Nastamo (Document Owner), Corporate Management Representative
December 15, 2016