Dewatering technology center in Lappeenranta, Finland
Outotec Dewatering Technology Center (DTC) in Lappeenranta provides research, application development and test work services to customers via dewatering technology sales.
DTC testing services are available to help and support customers to develop and operate their production and dewatering processes. These processes are related to filtration, thickening and clarification, and materials management especially tailings and site water technologies.
Dewatering Technology Center was opened in 2015. Today, DTC employs about 40 people, operates state-of-the-art laboratories, and has three satellite laboratories for dewatering and tailings treatment. DTC constructs an extensive network of research subcontractors based on universities, research institutions and SME’s cooperation.
- Bench to pilot scale testing.
- Studies of dewatering options to determine optimal dewatering solutions.
- Dewatering process performance support; process audits and holistic process support.
- Mining and metallurgical, chemical, materials management and water management testing knowledge.
- Flowsheet development based on dewatering testing and optimized process parameters.
- Simulation that provides a solid basis for basic engineering and supports optimization of process parameters and plant performance.
- High material recovery
- Efficient use of raw materials, energy and water.
- Low lifetime operating cost
- Performance guarantees
- Process research
- Sales support
- Application development
- Solutions for dewatering production problems
- Process improvements
- Development of existing and new technologies
- Innovating new products and essential improvements to existing technologies